Beacon Batch 2014
Registration and number pickup from 6.15-7.15pm at race headquarters:
The Tog Store, Langford Road, Lower Langford, Near Churchill, BS40 5HU
(just off the A38 before the Churchill traffic lights if travelling from Bristol direction, GR 465606)
- The start is a 15min walk from race HQ so allow plenty of time to get there.
- Five miles and 1000ft of climb to the summit of the Mendips. A two mile climb takes you to the summit, then one mile of track and 400 yards of gorse bring you to the descent, all over a stony track back to the start.
- Helpful marshals and plenty of marking tape to guide you along the course.
- FRA rules dictate that no accompanying dogs are allowed on the course.
- Water station at race finish.
- Hot and cold refreshments available at The Langford Inn (Race HQ).
- Post race presentation.
- Very limited car parking so please car share where possible.
- We regret that there are no changing or shower facilities available.
- Categories: Male & Female Junior (16-18), Senior, V40, V50 and V60.
- Only one prize per runner.
- Spot prizes.
- Team: Male & Female (first 3 runners counting on accumulated time).
- £6.00 in advance and £7.00 on the day.
- Entry on the day available if capacity not reached beforehand.
- Race numbers to be picked up from race headquarters on race day.
- Cashed cheque or confirmation email indicates accepted entry.
- Postal entry closing date: 14th June 2014, or earlier if full.
- Entry limit of 150 so enter as soon as possible to guarantee a place.
- Visit http://www.westonac.co.uk for the latest information.
- Enquiries: BeaconBatch@WestonAC.co.uk or 01934 625019.